What if colleges only made you pay the percentage of tuition that you failed, so if you got an average of 86 for the year you’d only have to pay 14% of the tuition, but if you got a 94 then it’d only be 6%. That way we’d be rewarding the success and even if you flunked the semester, you still wouldn’t have to pay for ALL of the tuition
You are the future.
Please run for president
that would actually be amazing
At SciNote, we believe that science shouldn’t just be reading about the ideas of people with PhDs and Nobel Prizes. We believe that science is an active process of asking questions and finding answers.
That’s why we, at SciNote, want to hear from you. We want to ponder the interesting questions you pose and get excited with you over the cool science you see in your world.
SciNote will feature the best of the Tumblr science community, and we will compile and publish the top posts from every year in the form of a magazine available both digitally and in print. Think of SciNote magazine as the Tumblr science magazine.
We hope to celebrate our launch by featuring some of the coolest science from around Tumblr. So before we launch SciNote, we would like to collect 25 science posts and/or questions from you, including:
- the most interesting science news you have come across
- questions you’ve always wanted to ask
- fascinating facts that you’ve learned
- pictures of nature and/or science that you’ve taken
- cool research that you’ve participated in
- any other science-related thing you’d like to tell us!
- Submit posts or ask questions to be featured on our blog and for an opportunity to be published in SciNote magazine.
- Follow our blog at SciNote.org.
- Read more about our project here.
- If you’re interested, apply to join our staff here.
- Reblog this post so that we can collect 25 posts and launch our project as soon as possible!
Thank you all and happy science!
next time someone tells you Muslim countries oppress women, let them know Pakistan, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Turkey, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, and Senegal have all had female Presidents or Prime Ministers and 1/3rd of Egypt’s parliament is female but the US has yet to even have a female vice president and can’t say “vagina” when discussing female reproductive rights